The Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build is designed to clear a GR 20 solo with 4 Unhallowed Essence set pieces from Headrig’s Gift (“Free Set”). For leveling 1-70 as Demon Hunter check out our leveling build: here.
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Build
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Gameplay
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Playstyle
- Run around and pull mobs, the more the better
- Use Mark for Death on a mob with a lot of life – hits on it will restore resource!
- Vault for positioning / skipping
- Spam Chakram to clear everything, you may sometimes use your generator for additional hatred regen
- Use Preparation when it’s ready AND you’re not at high resoruce
- Drop Sentries whenever you’re fighting a lot of mobs, Elites, Rift Guardians
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Items
- 4 pieces of Unhallowed Essence set
- Weapon: Craft a yellow level 70 bow at the blacksmith
- Quiver: Craft a yellow level 70 quiver at the blacksmith – you’re looking for CHC + IAS + Dex + … on it!
- Other slots: fill with yellow level 70 items
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Rolls
- Weapon: Socket, Dex, Vit / % Dmg
- Quiver: CHC, IAS, Dex, Vit, …
- Rings, Neck: CHC, CHD, Dex
- Gloves: CHC, CHD, Dex, Vit
- Bracers: CHC, Dex, Vit, % Fire Elemental Dmg
- Pants: Dex, Vit, 2 Sockets, All Res / …
- Boots: Dex, Vit, All Res, Movement Speed
- Shoulders: Dex, Vit, All Res, Life / …
- Chest: Dex, Vit, 3 Sockets, …
- Belt: Dex, Vit, All Res, % Life
- Head: Dex, Vit, CHC, Socket
You want to achieve around 450k-500k dps and 600k+ life. This amount is pretty easy to achieve and will make the GR 20 trivial for you. With this build you can also farm the lower Torment levels.
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Gems
- Weapon: Emerald
- Head: Amethyst
- Chest, Pants: Emerald
Demon Hunter GR 20 Starter Build – Hints
- Hire the Templar Follower: skill Heal, Intimidate, Charge, Guardian
- Mark for Death and Preparation enable you to spam Chakram a lot
- I recommend Chakram over Multishot for the GR 20, because it consumes way less resources. Due to it, you will deal more damage with Chakram overall.
- If you have enough Death Breath’s, you can upgrade rare daggers in Kanai’s Cube for a Fan of Knives dagger, which will make the GR 20 a joke – replace Sentry with Fan of Knives in this case