This guide features the Witch Doctor LoN Spirit Barrage build which is part of the current 4-player meta. For pushing solo, this build needs minor adjustments.
Spirit Barrage – Phantasm summoned by the Mojo Gazing Demise is concidered as a pet. Due to it, Mask of Jeram and Enforcer are buffing it’s damage. This bug makes the build viable. It wasn’t intended by Blizzard, but they will not fix the bug, because the build seems “balanced and fun”. Click here to read Blizzards official statement.
- Head: Andariel’s Visage (Cold %, CHC, Spirit Barrage Dmg, IAS)
- Neck: Hellfire Amulet (CHC, CHD, Cold %)
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King (Int, Vit, Life %, Armor)
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass (Int, Vit, Elite dmg reduction)
- Gloves: Frostburn (CHC, CHD, IAS, Int)
- Bracers: Lakumba’s Ornament (CHC, Cold %, Int, Vit)
- Belt: The Witching Hour (IAS, CHD, Int, Vit)
- Ring 1: Litany of the Undaunted (CHC, CHD, Dmg range)
- Ring 2: The Wailing Host (CHC. CHD, Dmg range)
- Pants: Swampland Waders (Cold %, Int, Vit, Armor)
- Boots: Illusory Boots (Spirit Barrage Dmg, Int, Vit, Armor)
- Main-Hand: Voo’s Juicer (IAS, Dmg %, Int)
- Off-Hand: Gazing Demise (CHC, Spirit Barrage Dmg)
Skills & Runes
- Haunt – Poisoned Spirit
- Soul Harvest – Languish
- Spirit Barrage – Phlebotomize
- Sacrifice – Provoke the Pack
- Grasp of the Dead – Death Is Life
- Locust Swarm – Cloud of Insects
- No Area Damage
- Make sure to keep up Soul Harvest – Languish stacks, which increase your armor by up to 50%.
- Use Haunt – Poisoned Spirit and Locust Swarm – Cloud of Insects to benefit from Ring of Emptiness. Due to Creeping Death, Haunt – Poisoned Spirit and Locust Swarm – Cloud of Insects will last “almost forever”, which basically means you don’t have to reapply it on the same mobs.
- Use Grasp of the Dead – Death Is Life to get a chance to spawn Zombie Dogs when you kill something.
- Hold down Spirit Barrage – Phlebotomize
- Use Sacrifice – Provoke the Pack when you have Zombie Dogs to get an additional damage buff.